Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

All the little girls in pretty little dresses with their hair curled and their tiny white shoes sitting in a row in the church pew singing along with the choir.


And then I woke up.


Or rather, I didn't. Apparently, I slept through the alarm and so did every other breathing being in my home on Easter Sunday morning.


Zoe is usually the first one awake. I had to really work at getting her out of bed. She had a creased face and one red cheek, chapped lips, and a scowl on her face. We were dressed and out the door in under an hour, but Zoe never really woke up. We went to the early church service so we could get out of town for the annual traditional Easter Egg Hunt at Mom and Dad's house. As far as Tori is concerned, the Annual Easter Egg Hunt is not optional.


Zoe crawled onto Highlander's lap about five minutes into the church service, curled up, and fell asleep. It's not very Zoe-like to sleep through anything. But it was pretty cute. After church, we had pancakes, which was very exciting for the girls. We have pancakes most weekends (even when I have to send Highlander to the store four times on a Saturday morning) but for some reason, pancakes at church was really something to look forward to. So we ate pancakes. Or rather, they ate pancakes. I got up to get juice. I got up to get napkins. I got up to scoot forward when a large man tried to squeeze between me and the woman behind me. And then, I got up to catch the half chewed pancakes and somewhat digested orange juice that Zoe spewed across the table. She wasn't sick. She was just really excited about the pancakes. Nothing like puked up syrup and juice stuck in the delicate fabric and ribbon flowers of an Easter dress to make mom wonder if she's on candid camera. 

But we lived.

We went to the Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's and had a lovely day. The puke washed out. 

I think winter might be over and my peas are poking out of the ground. No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice...