Friday, May 15, 2009

If you build it....they will come


I know. But I couldn't help it. I found the dude who has the plans to my oh so cute chicken coop and now I'm going to share him....




The site, http://www.backyardchickens.com/ is an excellent place to snoop around and learn a bit more about raising chickens in you backyard.


Mine are already named; Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego

When my sisters and I were little kids, we had a bad pet kitty incident that ended when kitty climbed the posh curtains in our living room. My father peeled kitty off the valance, well above his head, and calmly announced that she would be "happier on the farm." And so she went. As consolation, the three daughters got three goldfish, which we promptly named; Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. How very P.K. So those are my chicken names. Bastian wants a chicken, too. His will be called Fred. Kind of reminds me of this guy I used to know named Mark. He had an older brother named Matthew, a younger brother named Luke, and years after the three were born, the fourth brother came along. He was named Greg. Sometimes Moms get tired.


I know it's still against the rules to have chickens in town, but I have faith in the chicken folks who are pushing to make it happen. They are screening the documentary film, "Mad City Chickens" on June 28th. Location TBD.


I'll start construction later this summer and the lucky four (Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego and Fred) will be clucking and pecking in their super cute coop by this time next year.
Now check this out; Louis Armstrong sings Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego

1 comment:

  1. Nick's bros are matt and jon. He was supposed to be one of the "regal four" but darnit, he came out with a pointy elf ear (seriously he does have that) and his mom named him after St Nick. PS.. Bought myself a Food is Important T-shirt today :)

    ReplyDelete

be nice...