Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gluten-Free fake Pita Chips

Bob's Red Mill makes a Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix that rocks. How much does it rock? Well, my kids didn't notice that anything was different about their cheese pizza last night.

I made little squares of something that remind me of Pita Chips out of the leftover dough. I miss Pita Chips.

If you add a tablespoon of fennel seeds and a tablespoon of cumin seeds to about 1/3 of a prepared batch of the pizza crust mix, roll it out as thin as you can with the help of some brown rice flour, sprinkle it with garlic powder and sea salt, bake it in a 350 degree oven until it starts to brown around the edges a bit, and cut it into squares.....voila! Pita Chips!

I'm eating them now. People who can eat food with gluten do not understand how very happy this makes me.

1 comment:

be nice...