Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cedar Rapids is getting chickens!

Cedar Rapids is getting chickens!
And also, we had a busy day here on our little city-farm.

The dog discovered how to tear out the little fence around our raised gardens so she can lay among the broccoli. In the rain.
Zoe refuses to take her pink cowgirl boots off in the house. Also, she line dances now.
I'm starting a new set of cooking classes in a few weeks and am eyeball deep in curriculum and as happy as a pig in poop.

I'm back to researching chicken coop design.

I broke up with facebook due to a series of disturbing events that brought me straight back to where I started on the subject. Facebook Might Be Evil.

I was going to cook something fabulous for supper, but Tori really wants tomato soup. "Just NORMAL cheese, Momma. Not the weird stuff. And NORMAL brown bread and soup out of a can."
It's tough being the child of a woman obsessed with food.....

Also, we have decided to add a truck to our stable here at Green Acres. A beater, two wheel drive, stick shift, early nineties vintage good for hauling all kinds of messy stuff like compost and mulch. And lumber for my chicken coop. I manifested a wheel barrow once. This may prove to be a bit more of a challenge.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice...