Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dear Tomato,


I Love You.

-R


Here's what I did to some tomatoes last night. It was so good that I ate most of it myself. Highlander (when he finally got back from his three hour run) got the leftovers.

2-3 large homegrown tomatoes (cut into one inch chunks)
or
4-5 homegrown roma tomatoes (cut into four pieces)
or
three big handfuls of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)

dried homegrown oregano

sugar

salt

olive oil

On a jelly roll pan, or cookie sheet with sides, mix the tomatoes, about a tablespoon of dried oregano, a tablespoon of sugar, and a tablespoon of salt. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of olive oil.

Cook at 250 degrees for an hour. Remove from oven, turn the tomatoes and juices over a bit to recombine, and cook for another hour.

Serve warm with spreadable goat cheese and homemade bread.

Serves 1. Or 2 if you love your spouse and they are home when this cools off enough to eat.

P.S. There is a fancy name for this. My friend Mollie knows it. I ask her every time I see her, and then I promptly forget what it's called. So....

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice...