Thursday, September 15, 2011

Five.

I waited inside the front door for the bus this morning. Zoe and her cousin sat on the bench facing the street. When the breeze blows, it knocks the first few fall leaves off of the trees and the whole thing looks like the inside of one of those silly little fall themed snow globes. I was enjoying the view when it occurred to me that today is the last day that Zoe is a five year old. It's technically too early in the day to have a cocktail, so I refilled my coffee and decided to make a trip to the apple orchard by myself today and score some tart fruit for a big batch of applesauce. I should be cleaning the house for the birthday party on Saturday, but I don't want to. I want to stay home, peel apples, and not cry.


Not cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice...